Ingredients Needed for Fish Bites With Mayo Dip
3 ounces flour
½ teaspoon brown sugar
1 cup beer
3 ounces trout fillet
⅔ cup of mayonnaise
½ teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons lime juice
How to Make Fish Bites With Mayo Dip
- Add the flour to a bowl, season with salt, pepper, and brown sugar, then mix shortly.
- Keep mixing while gradually adding the beer. Stir until even.
- Cut the fillet into 1 to 2-inch pieces.
- Fill a pot with vegetable oil and heat it.
- Coat the fillet pieces with beer batter, then deep-fry them until golden brown.
- Transfer them to a paper towel-lined bowl. Set aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, thyme, and lime juice to a small bowl and mix them.
Although almost any fish is just as good for this recipe, we chose trout. The secret to the tastiest bites hides in the batter. Use your favorite beer for this one and don’t forget to add just a tad of brown sugar to it. The dip is simple mayo flavored with thyme and lime.