Ingredients Needed for Zucchini and Bacon Roll Stuffed Eggplant
For the parmesan-tomato sauce:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 celery stick, chopped
½ cup tomato sauce
¼ cup water
1 fresh mint sprig
½ cup parmesan, grated
For the zucchini rolls:
1 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 8 slices
4 ounces of bacon, 8 long slices 2-ounce each
8 tablespoons of cream cheese
For the stuffed eggplant:
1 large eggplant
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 cup low moisture mozzarella
fresh parsley for garnishing
How to Cook Zucchini and Bacon Roll Stuffed Eggplant
- For the parmesan-tomato sauce:
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over low heat, add the onion and celery, and stir-fry until onion is tender. Season with salt and pepper, stir a little, then add the tomato sauce, water, fresh mint, and parmesan. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- For the zucchini rolls:
Add one slice of bacon and one tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice of zucchini, then roll them. Set them aside.
- For the stuffed eggplant:
Cut 1/4 of the eggplant lengthwise and scoop out some of the pulp from both parts.
- Add the two eggplant halves to a 10 x 5 x 2 inch (24 x 13 x 5 cm) baking dish. Fill the bigger eggplant half with the parmesan-tomato sauce. Fit the 8 zucchini rolls in there.
- Sprinkle the vegetable oil on the smaller eggplant part, then spread the grated mozzarella on top of both eggplant halves. Bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.