Ingredients Needed for Zander Fillet With Pea Puree
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound peas
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 ounces flour
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon coriander
3 zander fish fillets (3-ounce each)
How to Cook Zander Fillet With Pea Puree
- Fill a medium-sized pot halfway with water, salt it, add 1 tablespoon of oil and bring it to a boil.
- Add the peas, cover with the lid and boil for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked peas to a measuring cup, add 1 cup of stock and puree them using a hand blender.
- Strain the pureed peas in a smaller pot over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the butter and heavy cream. Cook and continuously stir until the butter melts. Set aside.
- Add the flour to a bowl. Crack the egg, add 1/2 cup of milk and season with salt, ground basil and coriander. Start whisking.
- Keep whisking while gradually adding the remaining milk. Whisk until even.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Coat the fillets with the flavored batter and add them to the pan.
- Cook them for 4 minutes on both sides, or until they are golden brown.