Ingredients Needed for Yogurt Raisin Phyllo Pie
½ cup sugar
1 cup yogurt
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon lemon zest
4 whipped egg whites
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
8 phyllo sheets, halved
1 cup raisins (5 ounces)
powdered sugar for garnishing
How to Cook Yogurt Raisin Phyllo Pie
- Add the yolks and sugar to a bowl. Season with salt, then mix until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add the yogurt, orange zest, and lemon zest. Mix more.
- Add the whipped egg whites. Mix until even using a spatula. Set aside.
- Coat an 11 x 7 x 2 inches (28 x 18 x 5 cm) baking dish with vegetable oil using a kitchen brush.
- Line the baking dish with 4 phyllo pastry sheet halves. Coat each one with vegetable oil in the process.
- Layer 1/3 of the egg and yogurt mixture on top of them. Sprinkle some raisins on top. Do the same two more times with 8 more pastry sheet halves, the remaining egg-yogurt mixture, and raisins.
- Finally, add the remaining 4 phyllo pastry sheet halves and coat each with oil. Bake for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove from oven, cover with a kitchen towel and let it cool at room temperature.
- Serve it cut into squares and garnished with powdered sugar.