Ingredients Needed for Yogurt-Marinated Lamb and Onion Stew
10 ounces of lamb loin chops, cubed
½ cup yogurt
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon chili flakes
1 onion, diced
0.5 inch - ginger root, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tea spoon cumin
½ teaspoon white pepper corns
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup canned tomatoes
¼ cup vegetable stock
1 parsley, chopped
How to Cook Yogurt-Marinated Lamb and Onion Stew
- Put the lamb loin cubes in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt, garam masala, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Mix.
- Put the diced onion in a bowl, along with ginger, garlic, sugar, cumin, white peppercorns, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil and give the mixture a good stir.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the onion mixture.
- Cook stirring often until the onion softens and turns golden.
- Add the yogurt marinated meat.
- Cook everything together until the lamb it’s cooked through.
- Add the canned tomatoes, mix, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and parsley. Mix and simmer for a few more minutes, until the liquid reduces by half.
- Serve warm, with toast!