Ingredients Needed for Yellow Sushi
3.5 ounces of sushi rice
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 nori sheets
¼ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
¼ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 ounces of smoked salmon, thinly sliced
¼ avocado, thinly sliced
How to Cook Yellow Sushi
- Add water to a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rice, a pinch of salt, and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- Place one nori sheet on a sushi mat.
- Combine the rice with turmeric and evenly spread half of it over the nori sheet.
- Place half of the bell pepper slices, salmon, and avocado in the middle of the nori sheet. Sprinkle a few black sesame seeds all over.
- Lift the back of the sheet and roll it over the filling. Make sure to keep the ingredients in place and that the rice sticks together. Remove the mat as you continue to roll the sushi.
- Make the same for the second sushi roll.
- Allow the rolls to sit for a few minutes before cutting them.
- Slice the sushi rolls into 0.5 inches (1.2 cm) thick slices.
- Serve with soy sauce.