Ingredients Needed for Whole Wheat Ricotta Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
5 ounces of butter, melted
9 ounces of low-fat ricotta
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons of canola oil
½ teaspoon lemon zest
maple syrup (for serving)
blueberry (for serving)
How to Cook Whole Wheat Ricotta Pancakes
- Add the whole wheat flour to your blender.
- Add the melted butter, egg, and low-fat ricotta. Add the sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the canola oil and lemon zest.
- Blend everything until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour about a ladle of the mixture into the skillet. Cook the pancakes thoroughly for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Lay them one on top of the other, making them look like a tower.
Serve them with maple syrup drizzled on top and a few blueberries on the side!