Ingredients Needed for Whole Wheat Baguettes With Cardamom
2 ¼ pounds of whole wheat flour
0.5 ounce fresh yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 ½ cups of water
2 ounces of pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
How to Cook Whole Wheat Baguettes With Cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C.
- Grab your mixer bowl. Add the fresh yeast, salt, vegetable oil, water, pumpkin seeds, and cardamom. Pour the flour over this mixture.
- Use a whisk to combine the flour with the wet mixture. Turn on your mixer and mix the dough for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Cover the dough and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Spread flour on your working surface. Begin kneading the dough adding a little more flour as it becomes sticky. Knead the dough for 5 minutes until smooth, elastic and firm.
- Divide the dough into 8 smaller chunks. Roll each chunk using your hands, in about 10 inches (25 cm) long baguettes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the baguettes. Cover them with a kitchen towel and let them rise for another 20 minutes.
- Slide them in the oven for the next 20 minutes. They’re great when served warm with some butter on top!