Whole Roasted Salmon With Olive Oil Hollandaise Sauce
When you have people over for dinner, it’s better to oven-roast something. That way, you will have less work to do. We suggest you make a big whole roasted salmon, which takes about 30 minutes to cook. Meanwhile, make a savory olive oil hollandaise sauce, which enriches the fish’s taste. You’ll be done in less than an hour and have time for other things!
Ingredients Needed for Whole Roasted Salmon With Olive Oil Hollandaise Sauce
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 rosemary sprigs
5 oreganos sprigs
⅓ tablespoon cup olive oil
4 jalapenos peppers
5 star anise
How to Make Whole Roasted Salmon With Olive Oil Hollandaise Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Clean the salmon and remove its head and tail.
- Use a knife to make deep cuts through the fish’s flesh at a 45-degree angle, down to the bone.
- Heat a large skillet and add 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Slice the lemons and 3/4 of the red grapefruit.
- Put the slices in the skillet and cook the citrus fruits on both sides until light brown.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Add the rosemary and the basil sprigs and drizzle with some olive oil. Add 3-4 fried citrus slices and 2 jalapeno peppers.
- Place the salmon on top.
- Fill the salmon with half of the citrus slices into and the remaining jalapeno peppers.
- Then, place the rest of the citrus slices on top of the fish, add the star anise, and drizzle with some more olive oil.
- Fold the foil, so the salmon is completely sealed.
- Bake the salmon for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the yolks in a bowl. Whisk them vigorously.
- Use the remaining 1/4 red grapefruit, as follows: add the zest and the juice in the egg mixture.
- Put water in a medium pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low until the water reaches a steady simmer.
- Place the egg mixture over the pan. (the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl).
- Whisk the eggs vigorously while gradually adding the olive oil. Whisk the egg mixture until the sauce slightly thickens and doubles in volume.
- Remove the salmon from the oven when it’s ready. Slice it and serve it with the olive oil hollandaise sauce.