Ingredients Needed for White Wine Chicken Thighs and Lentils
For the bacon: 2 teaspoons of olive oil
4 ounces of bacon, chopped For the veggies: 2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, sliced
4 shallots, quartered For the chicken thighs: 1 pound bone-in chicken thighs
4 garlic cloves
pepper For the final dish: ½ cup white wine
1 tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard
¼ cup yogurt
5 ounces of cooked green lentils
4 ounces of green beans, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
How to Cook White Wine Chicken Thighs and Lentils
- For the bacon: Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook and stir until crisp. Transfer them on a paper towel.
- For the veggies: Using the same skillet, add the olive oil, onion, carrot, and shallot. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl.
- For the chicken thighs: Using the same skillet, add the chicken thighs skin-side down and the garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper and cook for up to 5 minutes, or until dark brown. Remove the garlic cloves after 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the thighs and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Transfer them to a dish.
- Assemble all: Using the same skillet, add again the cooked veggies, the fried bacon, and then the white wine. Stir a little. Add the mustard and yogurt and stir them in.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side up. Add the cooked lentils, green beans, and parsley and stir them in.