White Bean Puree With Spicy Onion and Tomato Sauce
Why don’t you try this smooth white bean puree? You can flavor it with tahini, thyme, garlic, and even beef stock. And you can pair it with a thick onion and tomato sauce, which you can generously spice with paprika and turmeric. Yummy!
Ingredients Needed for White Bean Puree With Spicy Onion and Tomato Sauce
2-3 onions, halved
4-5 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1-2 tablespoons tomato paste
1-2 tablespoons water
12-14 ounces canned white beans
1/2 cup beef stock
2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon tahini
1 teaspoon dried thyme
How to Make White Bean Puree With Spicy Onion and Tomato Sauce
- Add the onions to a blender and crush them.
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over low-medium heat and add the onion.
- Cook and stir until it starts changing color, then stir in the paprika, turmeric, and a dash of salt.
- Stir in the tomato paste, adding the water into the process. Set aside.
- Add the beans to a tall measuring glass. Pour the beef stock and the remaining olive oil (1 tablespoon), add the garlic, tahini, and thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Puree everything.
- Serve the pureed beans with tomato and onion sauce.