Ingredients Needed for Warm Vegetable and Anchovy Salad
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 eggplant, diced
1 onion, diced
2 celerys sticks
0.5 green bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
½ tablespoon pine nut
5 olives, pitted
1 teaspoon caper
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Cook Warm Vegetable and Anchovy Salad
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the eggplant and cook it for 10 minutes, until brown and soft.
- In a separate skillet, heat the remaining oil. Add the onion and celery and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and toss to mix. Set the heat on medium-high and cook the vegetables until they soften, around 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and keep on heat for another 2 minutes. At the end, add the cooked eggplant and mix.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Sprinkle the pine nuts, olives, capers and toss again.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar and the sugar. Cook for another 2 minutes, until the sugar is caramelized.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl and serve with anchovy fillets on top.