Calories: 308 kCal / serving
- 37 g
- 4 g
- 18 g
Ingredients Needed for Warm Vegetable and Anchovy Salad2 tablespoons of vegetable oil 1 eggplant, diced 1 onion, diced 2 celerys sticks 0.5 green bell pepper ½ red bell pepper 1 garlic 1 tomato chili flakes ½ tablespoon pine nut salt pepper 5 olives, pitted 1 teaspoon caper 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar 2 tablespoons of sugar 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Make Warm Vegetable and Anchovy Salad
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the eggplant and cook it for 10 minutes, until brown and soft.
- In a separate skillet, heat the remaining oil. Add the onion and celery and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and toss to mix. Set the heat on medium-high and cook the vegetables until they soften, around 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and keep on heat for another 2 minutes. At the end, add the cooked eggplant and mix.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Sprinkle the pine nuts, olives, capers and toss again.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar and the sugar. Cook for another 2 minutes, until the sugar is caramelized.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl and serve with anchovy fillets on top.