Calories: 400 kCal / serving
- 23 g
- 9 g
- 60 g
Ingredients Needed for Warm Pearl Barley and Chicken Breast Salad
1 cup pearl barley
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 bay leaves
3 garlic cloves, chopped
½ onion, sliced
1 chili, sliced
4 kale leaves, cut and chopped
½ medium cucumber, cubed
5 ounces of chicken breast, cooked and pulled
3 cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
4 mint leaves, chopped
4 fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon pine nut, fried
1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to Make Warm Pearl Barley and Chicken Breast Salad
- Heat approximately 3 cups of water in a pot over medium heat, salt it and add the pearl barley. Cook and stir for 25 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the bay leaves, garlic, and onion. Cook and stir until tender, or for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chili and the boiled pearl barley. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the kale leaves and stir them in. Cook for 1 minute more and remove from heat.
- Transfer the barley mixture to a bowl. Add the cucumber, chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, parsley, mint and basil leaves, the pine nuts, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.