Ingredients Needed for Warm Brown Rice and Almond Salad
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, julienne sliced
½ cup brown rice
1 ½ cups of water
2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seedes, and diced
½ teaspoon lemon zest
½ cup almond, sliced
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Warm Brown Rice and Almond Salad
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on high heat. Add the onion and cook it until soft and translucent.
- Add the brown rice, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat well.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes, until the rice is tender and water is absorbed. If needed, add more water and cook until the rice is soft.
- When cooked, transfer the rice to a bowl.
- Add the cucumbers, lemon zest, almonds, and parsley. Mix well. Let the salad stand at least 15 minutes before serving, to allow flavors blend. Serve at room temperature.