Ingredients Needed for Walnut and Sour Cherry Chocolate Candies
7 ounces of walnut
1 ¼ cups of sugar
½ cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup canned sour cherries
2 ounces of butter
5 ounces of dark chocolate
How to Cook Walnut and Sour Cherry Chocolate Candies
- Add the walnuts to a baking dish and roast for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Transfer them to a blender and crush them. Set aside.
- Add the sugar, water, and lemon juice to a saucepan over low heat. Cook until melted.
- Add the crushed walnuts and stir them in. Keep cooking and stirring for a minute or so.
- Add the vanilla sugar and almond extract. Stir in. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Shape the mixture into a lump, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 50 minutes.
- Start shaping the walnut mixture into small balls, stuffing each one with a sour cherry.
- Transfer them on a rack and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Add the butter and chocolate to a pot over low heat. Cook and stir until melted.
- Coat the walnut balls with the melted chocolate, transfer them on a tray, or a board, on parchment paper and refrigerate for another 60 minutes.