Ingredients Needed for Walnut and Nutella Roll
1 ½ cups of walnuts
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons of flour for dusting
2 pounds of bread dough (2 lumps 1-pound each)
¼ cup nutella
1 egg for the egg wash
How to Make Walnut and Nutella Roll
- Add the walnuts and cinnamon to the blender. Blend them and set aside.
- Dust your work surface with some flour and place one lump of bread dough on it. Flatten it using your hands and then the rolling pin. Try to give it a somehow oblong circular form.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Nutella and uniformly spread it using a knife. Uniformly sprinkle 1/2 of the blended walnuts.
- Roll it lengthwise, then carefully cut it in half, also lengthwise. Follow the same steps for the other lump of dough.
- Place the 4 roll halves on a parchment paper and carefully interlace them. Transfer on a baking tray. Whisk the egg in a small bowl, then coat the bread dough with it using a brush. Bake for 60 minutes at 430⁰F/220⁰C.