Ingredients Needed for Veggie Tart With Cauliflower Crust
1 small cauliflower head
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons of shredded parmesan
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 white onion, julienne sliced
1 red bell pepper, chunked
3 ounces of baby spinach
2 egg whites
½ cup milk
3 ounces of cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Veggie Tart With Cauliflower Crust
- Add water to a saucepan, add salt, and bring it to a boil. Cook the cauliflower head for about 5 minutes. Drain the water.
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces, then add it to a food processor. Also, add the dried oregano, garlic powder, egg, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of shredded parmesan. Pulse until you get a coarse paste.
- Grease a tart pan with olive oil, then transfer the cauliflower paste to it, press to the bottom and edges, to shape a tart crust. Microwave for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Take a skillet and add the vegetable oil and butter to it. When the butter melts, add the carrot, onion, and red bell pepper. Cook until the onion softens, then add the baby spinach, crush the garlic, season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the spinach wilts.
- Add the eggs and egg whites to a bowl. Add the milk, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of parmesan. Whisk everything.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the cauliflower crust and level them. Add the egg mixture over them. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the tart for 15 minutes at 400˚F/200˚C.