Veggie and Feta Pizza
A vegetarian pizza can be as satisfying as a classic one! Just add in a nice amount of cheese – this time, we’ve spiced things up with some salty and tangy feta, which goes perfectly well with the sweet taste of the vegetables. Least, but not last, don’t skimp on toppings – we’ve opted for two different ones, tomato sauce and pesto.
Ingredients Needed for Veggie and Feta Pizza
7 ounces of flour
2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
½ teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons of milk
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ cup water
1 yellow bell pepper
5 cherry tomatoes
¼ cup tomato sauce
4 tablespoons of pesto sauce
7 ounces of feta cheese
1 baby spinach
1 ounce - parmesan
1 spring onion, slices
How to Make Veggie and Feta Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Add the flour in your stand mixer bowl.
- Put the active dry yeast, sugar, and milk in a bowl. Mix and wait for the yeast to activate. Wait ten minutes, watching for bubbles or froth to appear.
- Add the yeast into the flour and incorporate it with a spatula.
- Add some sea salt, dried oregano, basil, and the water.
- Set your mixer to a medium-slow speed to get your dried ingredients and water combining.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel, and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the yellow bell pepper and the cherry tomatoes
- Flour your countertop. Place your dough on it, knead it into a ball, sprinkle some more flour on it, then roll out your dough using a rolling pin.
- Lay a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the pizza dough on it.
- If you want, that’s the moment when you can slice it, so you can divide the toppings on separate slices.
- Make 8 slices. Spread tomato sauce on 4 of them, and pesto sauce on the remaining 4 slices.
- Top the tomato sauce slices with yellow bell pepper, and the pesto slices with cherry tomatoes.
- Crumble the feta cheese all over the pizza.
- Place the baby spinach leaves in the center of the pizza. Grate the parmesan on it, then crack the egg on top.
- Bake the pizza for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pizza with some spring onion just before serving it.