Ingredients Needed for Vegetarian Wellington
10 ounces of butternut squash
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 red onion, diced
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 leek, white part only, chopped
2 tablespoons of pine nut
¼ cup white wine
7 ounces of broccoli florets
3 tablespoons of cream cheese
1 puff pastry shet, thawed
1 egg yolk, whisked
How to Cook Vegetarian Wellington
- Preheat the oven to 360˚F/180˚C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add the butternut squash cubes on it and spread them on an even layer. Drizzle some vegetable oil over them. Move the tray to the oven and roast the butternut squash for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a wok, then add the red onion. Stir and cook until the onion softens.
- Add the tomato paste, garlic, ginger, chopped leek, pine nuts, and fresh thyme. Stir to combine all, then cook for a few minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, season with salt and pepper, add the cream cheese. Stir to incorporate all the ingredients, then move the combo to a bowl. Add the roasted squash to the same bowl. Also, add 1-2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs and mix.
- Grease a loaf pan and place the puff pastry sheet on its bottom and edges (keep some to top the loaf with). Cut off its ends. Fill the pan with the vegetable mixture, then top the loaf with another piece of puff pastry. Spread some egg yolk over it. Bake for 30 minutes at 360˚F/180˚C.