Ingredients Needed for Vegetarian Lasagna
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 carrots, shredded
1 red onion, minced
2 ounces of leek, thinly sliced
2 ounces of white radish, thinly sliced
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
0.5 green bell pepper, chopped
10 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 eggplant, chopped
5 lasagna sheets
½ cup cheddar, shredded
2 ounces of butter
2 ounces of flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Cook Vegetarian Lasagna
- You can start with the bechamel.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Slowly pour in the flour while stirring.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Keep on heat and slowly add the milk, while stirring fast and continuously.
- Season with nutmeg.
- When the sauce has a thick and smooth consistency, you can turn off the heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the carrot, red onion, and cook them for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt, add the leek, white radish, and bell peppers. Cook everything for 3 minutes, and leave them aside.
- Separately, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, eggplant, season with salt, and cook them for 4-5 minutes.
- Mix all of the cooked veggies together.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C.
- Butter the bottom of a loaf tin.
- For the first layer of lasagna cover the bottom with 1 lasagna sheet. Break them if necessary. Top with 4 tablespoons of cooked veggies, and 3 tablespoons of bechamel.
- Repeat the steps until you’ve used all of the ingredients.
- Next, you need to release the air out of the lasagna. Cover it with another loaf tin, and fill around 1/3 of it with water.
- Bake the lasagna for 15 minutes. Don’t turn off the heat. Take it out of the oven and remove the first loaf tin. Top it with shredded Cheddar and bake the lasagna for 10 more minutes.