Ingredients Needed for Vegetarian Crepe Lasagna
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into large pieces
½ zucchini, cut into small chunks
5 mushrooms, cut into quarters
3 eggplants slices, cut into cubes
⅔ cup tomato sauce
2 garlic cloves
4 rosemary leaves
4 store-bought crepes
3.5 ounces of cheddar cheese, shredded
For the bechamel sauce:
1.75 ounces of butter
1.75 ounces of flour
1 ½ cups of milk
½ teaspoon nutmeg
How to Make Vegetarian Crepe Lasagna
- Make the bechamel sauce:
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Slowly pour it in the flour while stirring.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Keep on heat and slowly add the milk, while continuously stirring.
- Season with pepper, salt, and nutmeg.
- When the sauce has a thick and smooth consistency, you can turn off the heat. Set aside.
- Then, heat the vegetable oil in a wok.
- Add the red and yellow bell pepper and stir. Cook until they start to soften.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms, and eggplant.
- Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the veggies start to soften.
- Add the tomato sauce.
- Crush the garlic and add it to the wok. Stir and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add rosemary leaves and cook for 2 more minutes, then turn off the heat. Set the vegetable mixture aside.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Lay a 8-inch (20 cm) diameter baking pan with parchment paper.
- Lay the first crepe on the bottom of the pan.
- Add a layer of vegetable mixture, then pour 2-3 tablespoons of bechamel sauce over it.
- Continue with 3 more layers of crepes, vegetables mixture, and bechamel sauce.
- Top the dish with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes.