Ingredients Needed for Vegetarian Cannelloni
2 carrots, shredded
1 red onion, minced
½ leek, chopped
3.5 ounces of white radish, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
0.5 green bell pepper, chopped
3 ounces of cannelloni, around 8 tubes
0.25 ounce butter
4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
2 ounces of butter
2 ounces of flour
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Cook Vegetarian Cannelloni
- You can start with the bechamel.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Slowly pour in the flour while stirring.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Keep on heat and slowly add the milk, while stirring fast and continuously.
- Season with nutmeg.
- When the sauce has a thick and smooth consistency, you can turn off the heat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the carrot, onion, leek, and cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add the white radish and season with salt.
- Add all of the bell peppers, and cook everything for 3 more minutes.
- Place the veggies in a bowl, cover them, and leave them aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Grab the butter with the tip of your fingers and use it to scrape the bottom of an oven tray.
- Stuff the cannelloni with the cooked veggies and lay them horizontally in the baking tray.
- Pour the bechamel and tomato sauce over the cannelloni. Shred some parmesan on top.
- Add them into the oven and cook them for 30 minutes.