Ingredients Needed for Vanilla Walnut Cream Puffs
1 cup milk
3.5 ounces of butter
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
2 ounces of walnuts, crushed
5 ounces of cream cheese
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Cook Vanilla Walnut Cream Puffs
- Start heating the milk in a pot over low heat. Add the butter and a dash of salt. Cook and stir until the butter melts.
- Remove from heat and add the flour. Mix until you have a smooth and creamy dough.
- Transfer the dough to the mixer bowl and start mixing. Gradually add the eggs and the vanilla sugar. Keep mixing until even.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and form meringue-like lumps on it. We’ve got 16 of them.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the cream cheese, walnuts, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a smaller bowl. Mix until even using a teaspoon.
- Transfer this mixture to a piping bag and use it to fill the puffs.