Turkey Tower Sandwich
What to do the next day after Thanksgiving? You can put that good meat to use to make this ultimate tower sandwich! But there’s more to it than just turkey! It has fried bacon, Cheddar, Emmental cheese, ketchup, pickled cucumbers, and lots of other ingredients. Grab your friends and ask them to join, because finishing this sandwich on your own is an almost impossible task!
Ingredients Needed for Turkey Tower Sandwich
5 toast bread slices
3 teaspoons of store-bought mayonnaise
1 lettuce leaf
5 ounces of turkey leftovers
2 ounces of Cheddar, shredded
1 cucumber, sliced
2 teaspoons of mustard
3 bacon strips
½ red onion, sliced in rings
2 Emmental cheese slices
2 arugula leaves
1 teaspoon ketchup
1 red leaf lettuce leaf
How to Make Turkey Tower Sandwich
- First grill all of the bread slices for 1-2 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and fry the bacon slices until crispy.
- In order to cook the egg, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Crack the egg in the skillet and put a lid over it. Fry the egg for 2-3 minutes.
- Start assembling your sandwich. For the first layer, spread 1 teaspoon of mayo over 1 of the bread slices. Top with parsley, 1 lettuce leaf, 2 ounces of turkey meat, 1 ounce of shredded Cheddar, a few slices of pickled cucumber.
- For the second layer, add 1 slice of bread on top, and spread 1 teaspoon of mustard over it. Top it with 1 slice of bacon, pickles, and a few onion rings.
- For the third layer, add 1 slice of bread, Emmental cheese, arugula, 2 ounces of turkey and ketchup.
- For the third layer, add 1 slice of bread and spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise. Top it with parsley, 1 slice of bacon, tomato, pickled cucumbers, 1 ounce of meat, and mustard.
- For the fourth layer, add 1 slice of bread and spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise. Top it with 1 ounce of turkey, 1 ounce of Cheddar, and remaining onion rings.
- Finally, close the sandwich with the final slice of bread. Top it with 1 red lettuce leaf and the fried egg. Season the sandwich with salt and pepper.