Ingredients Needed for Turkey Shepherd's Pie in Ramekins
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium onion, minced
1 small carrot, diced
10 ounces of turkey mince
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
¾ cup vegetable stock
½ cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons of water
1 cup mashed potatoes
1 cup cheddar, grated
1 small red onion, minced (for garnishing)
How to Cook Turkey Shepherd's Pie in Ramekins
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the garlic, onion, and carrot. Cook and stir until softened.
- Turn the heat to medium, add the turkey mince, and break it into smaller pieces. Cook for 10 minutes. Occasionally stir.
- Add the ketchup and stir it in. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir them in.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir it in. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Mix together the flour and water into a small bowl, then add this mixture to the skillet, too. Stir it in. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the turkey mince mixture to 4 ramekins. Top each one with the mashed potatoes and grated cheddar. Garnish with red onion and bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.