Turkey Mince, Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bake
Like summer is the season for salads, autumn is the season for warm, hearty casseroles! But this year we want to take care of our diet, so we’re building up a lighter casserole. The main ingredients are minced turkey, sweet potato, and zucchini. We’ve added everything into the oven under a blanket of tomato sauce and some shredded mozzarella on top.
Ingredients Needed for Turkey Mince, Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bake
2 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
3 teaspoons of vegetable oil
1 zucchini, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, chopped
10 ounces of turkey mince
¼ cup tomato sauce
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
How to Make Turkey Mince, Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Add the round potato slices in a baking dish. Drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet and add the diced zucchini. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion. Cook the onion until translucent.
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, and pour the tomato sauce.
- Cook the meat until well browned.
- Grab a round baking dish, approximately 4 inches (10 cm) diameter. Cover its bottom with sweet potato.
- Add the meat mixture on top and finish with the remaining sweet potatoes. Top it with the shredded mozzarella.
- Slide the dish into the oven for the next 25 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.