Straight from beautiful Italy, lasagna is a highly popular dish, made with layers of thin pasta sheets, sauces, and various other ingredients. This version is very close to the classic one, with turkey meat, a few veggies, tomato sauce, and bechamel sauce. You can have it ready in under an hour, and it’s perfect for family dinners!
Ingredients Needed for Turkey Lasagna
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 carrots, shredded
1 red onion, minced
14 ounces of turkey leftovers
0.5 ounce butter
3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
4 lasagna sheets
⅔ cup mozzarella, shredded
2 ounces of butter
2 ounces of flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Make Turkey Lasagna
- You can start with the bechamel.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Slowly pour in the flour while stirring.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Keep on heat and slowly add the milk, while stirring fast and continuously.
- Season with nutmeg.
- When the sauce has a thick and smooth consistency, you can turn off the heat.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the carrot and onion, and cook everything together. Reserve the carrot and onion for later.
- Add the turkey leftovers in a skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes with the butter. Add the carrot, tomato sauce, stir, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the stove.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- For the lasagna, butter the bottom of a loaf tin. For the first layer, add 1 lasagna sheet. Top it with turkey mixture, and 2 tablespoons of bechamel sauce.
- Repeat, and use the ingredients to make 3 more layers for the lasagna.
- Finally, top it with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake the lasagna for 25 minutes!