Ingredients Needed for Turkey Filled Pork Roast
1 cup water
1 cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ leek, small dices
1 small celery stick, small dices
½ red bell pepper, chopped
0.5 green bell pepper, chopped
4 pounds of pork shoulder
How to Cook Turkey Filled Pork Roast
- First cut the onions in halves.
- Grab a large bowl and pour the water, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, chili flakes, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Whisk.
- Soak the onions and marinate them for 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, celery, bell peppers, and give it a good stir.
- Add the turkey mince and season with salt and pepper. Cook the meat for 10 minutes.
- Lay the pork shoulder on your wooden board and butterfly it in order to make room for the filling.
- Cover it with plastic foil and tenderize it with a meat mallet.
- Evenly spread the turkey mince over the pork shoulder, leaving around 1 inch (2.5 cm) border.
- Roll the meat from the end closest to you towards the opposite end.
- You can even tie it with a string, making a few knots, in order to secure the filling.
- Drizzle the meat with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper.
- Lay it in a baking tray and cook it for the next 60 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Remove the onions from the wet marinade and add them into a baking dish, along with 1-2 tablespoons of marinade and a touch of butter.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 10 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.