Ingredients Needed for Turkey Casserole With Bacon and Bechamel Sauce
2 toast breads
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 ounces of turkey breast
2 tablespoons of butter
½ cup flour
1 cup milk
½ teaspoon nutmeg
4 cherry tomatoes
How to Cook Turkey Casserole With Bacon and Bechamel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Heat a skillet and add the bacon slices. Fry them until the fat melts and the bacon becomes golden and crispy.
- Toast the bread: take another skillet and heat it. Butter its surface. Add the bread slices and cook them for about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Cook the turkey breast: heat the oil in another skillet and cook the turkey breast. Cook it for about 6-7 minutes per side, until it reaches that nice golden color.
- In order to make the sauce, add the butter in a heated saucepan and melt it. Slowly pour in the flour, while stirring with a whisk. Add the heated milk in the mixture and constantly whisk until you obtain a creamy and light sauce. Bring it to a boil then lower the heat and cook it for another minute or two. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Use a baking tray and add toast bread on its bottom. Top it with the turkey breast, bechamel, nutmeg, cherry tomatoes and bacon.
- Bake the dish in the oven for the next 25 minutes. You can serve it with a touch of chopped parsley on top.