Ingredients Needed for Turkey Burgers With Veggies and Walnut Topping
8 ounces of boneless turkey thigh, minced
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon chili flakes
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cheddars cheese
½ red onion
¼ cup walnut
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white wine
⅓ cup heavy cream
2 burger buns
¼ red cabbage, shredded
How to Cook Turkey Burgers With Veggies and Walnut Topping
- Put the minced turkey in a bowl and season it with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, and chili flakes.
- Mix everything and make 2 patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and fry the patties on both sides – 1 minute per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook the patties for 3-4 minutes, until they turn brown and juicy.
- Before removing the patties from the oven, put the Cheddar slices over them, to melt.
- Leave the burgers aside.
- Use a peeler to cut very thin slices of zucchini, parsnip, carrot, and asparagus. Slice the onion.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and cook the vegetables until they soften, but still keep their crispness. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Separately, heat another skillet and caramelize the walnuts with brown sugar. Add the white wine and heavy cream, constantly stirring until you get a thick sauce. Leave it to cool.
- Assemble the burgers: slice the burger buns and top with the turkey patty, some cooked vegetables, and walnut sauce.
- You can serve the turkey burgers with wedges.