Turkey Burgers With Veggies and Walnut Topping
We suggest you make your own burgers if you crave for some fast-food tonight! It’s healthier like this! Use turkey instead of beef and season it with some spices! Be sure to cook some vegetables, to balance the taste. Want to make it even tastier? Just serve it with a creamy walnut topping!
Ingredients Needed for Turkey Burgers With Veggies and Walnut Topping
8 ounces of boneless turkey thigh, minced
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon chili flakes
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cheddars cheese
½ red onion
¼ cup walnut
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white wine
⅓ cup heavy cream
2 burger buns
¼ red cabbage, shredded
How to Make Turkey Burgers With Veggies and Walnut Topping
- Put the minced turkey in a bowl and season it with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, and chili flakes.
- Mix everything and make 2 patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and fry the patties on both sides – 1 minute per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook the patties for 3-4 minutes, until they turn brown and juicy.
- Before removing the patties from the oven, put the Cheddar slices over them, to melt.
- Leave the burgers aside.
- Use a peeler to cut very thin slices of zucchini, parsnip, carrot, and asparagus. Slice the onion.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and cook the vegetables until they soften, but still keep their crispness. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Separately, heat another skillet and caramelize the walnuts with brown sugar. Add the white wine and heavy cream, constantly stirring until you get a thick sauce. Leave it to cool.
- Assemble the burgers: slice the burger buns and top with the turkey patty, some cooked vegetables, and walnut sauce.
- You can serve the turkey burgers with wedges.