Ingredients Needed for Turkey and Spinach Quiche
For the dough:
1 ½ cups of flour
3.5 ounces of butter
1 tablespoon water
For the filling:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 onions s, chopped
½ zucchini, cubed
3 ounces of canned mushroom
7 ounces of leftover turkey breast
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon coriander powder
2 ounces of baby spinach
2 eggs, whisked
1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
How to Cook Turkey and Spinach Quiche
- Place the flour in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and use your hands to incorporate it into the flour.
- Crack an egg into the bowl, add the water, and keep mixing until you obtain a ball of dough.
- Refrigerate it for the next 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on your wooden board, between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Use your hands and press it hard, to thin and widen it.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Grab a round baking tray, around 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter.
- Place the dough on the bottom of it. Press to cover both the bottom and the sides of the baking tray.
- Bake it for the next 15 minutes. After it’s ready, don’t turn off the heat, but reduce it to 360°F/180°C.
- In the meantime, you can take care of the filling.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet, add the onions, and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and add the zucchini and mushrooms. Break the turkey meat into thin shreds and add them in the pan.
- Season with chili flakes, coriander powder, add the baby spinach, and cook everything for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven, and use the turkey and veggie mixture to fill it.
- Finally top it with whisked egg. Slide the tray into the oven again, this time for 25 minutes.