Ingredients Needed for Turkey and Mushroom Pie
For the dough:
1 ½ cups of flour
3.5 ounces of butter
1 tablespoon water
For the filling:
5 ounces of mushroom, shredded
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 ounces of turkey leftovers
1 teaspoon pulses
7 ounces of canned red beans
¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Turkey and Mushroom Pie
- Place the flour in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and use your hands to incorporate it into the flour.
- Crack an egg into the bowl, add the water, and keep mixing using your hands, until you obtain a ball of dough. Refrigerate it for the next 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and turkey. Season with salt, pepper, and add the pulses. Cook for 1 minute, and add the red beans and a bit of water. Cook everything for 4-5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Level them with a rolling pin, until 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick.
- Place the mozzarella and the filling on one side of the dough. Cover it with the other one.
- Press the sides with a fork so you can secure the filling.
- Place the pie in a baking tray and bake it for 30 minutes.