Turkey and Leek Soup
We’ve used leftover turkey for this soup, but you can easily replace it with chicken. Regarding the vegetables – changes aren’t that welcomed. The carrots and the leeks add sweetness and flavor to the soup, better than any other veggie.
Ingredients Needed for Turkey and Leek Soup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 ounces of leftover turkey
0.5 ounce ginger, thinly sliced
1 leek, white and pale-green parts only
1 carrot, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of sweet corn
1 tomato, chopped
2 cups of water
1 bouillon cube
1 tortilla wrap
2 garlic cloves
1 baby spinach
How to Make Turkey and Leek Soup
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the turkey and ginger, and cook them for 1 minute.
- Add the leek, carrot, sweet corn, and tomato. Give it a good stir, and cook everything for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat the water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring it to a boil and add the bouillon cube. Stir, and leave it on heat for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the turkey and leek and simmer the soup for 15 minutes.
- Separately, thinly slice the tortilla. Rub garlic on both its sides.
- Serve the soup with tortilla.