Ingredients Needed for Turkey and Bread Casserole
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ onion, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
¼ red bell pepper, chopped
5 mushrooms, sliced
10 ounces of leftover turkey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon mustard
¼ cup milk
3 breads, sliced in large chunks
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Turkey and Bread Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it until it browns. Add the celery, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the veggies for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the turkey on the bottom of an oven tray. Top it with the cooked veggies.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add the garlic, dried thyme, mustard, and milk. Stir until smooth. Add the bread chunks and soak them into the mixture. Add them in the oven tray, over the veggies. Top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Slide the casserole in the oven for the next 25 minutes!