Ingredients Needed for Tomato Sauce and Pine Nuts Pappardelle
1 teaspoon butter
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 cup tomato sauce
3 bay leaves
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tablespoons of pine nut, roasted
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
5 ounces of pappardelle
How to Make Tomato Sauce and Pine Nuts Pappardelle
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, then add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the onion and cook it until it softens. Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, and give it a good stir.
- Add the bay leaves, parsley, and about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Stir and add the garlic, 2 tablespoons of pine nuts, and parmesan.
- Add salt and pepper by taste. Stir again, then leave it on heat for 2 more minutes.
- Add water in a saucepan, add a pinch of salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add the pappardelle and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- When the pappardelle are ready, drain and place divide them on 2 plates.
- Top them with the tomato sauce.
- Garnish with the remaining pine nuts and, if you want, some more parmesan.