1 pound cherry tomato
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 garlic cloves, diced
fresh thyme sprigs
1 onion, diced
1 celery stick, chopped
1 leek, white-part only, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
10 fresh basil leaveses
10 ounces of canned tomatoes
1 ½ cups of vegetable stock
fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 430˚F/220˚C.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a baking dish. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt, add the garlic, and fresh thyme. Move to the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet. Add the onion, celery, and leek. Stir, cover the skillet, and cook on low heat until they are soft.
- Add the tomato paste, fresh basil, canned tomatoes, roasted tomatoes, and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add fresh parsley, cover again and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked through, pass them through a strainer by pressing down with a spatula or spoon. Season the soup with pepper before serving it.