Ingredients Needed for Tomato and Sweet Corn Pizza
1 pound flour
1 teaspoon yeast
1 cup of warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
14 ounces canned tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon onion flakes
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
½ red onion, chopped
½ onion, chopped
½ cup sweet corn
2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
3 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
4 ounces low moisture mozzarella, sliced
How to Cook Tomato and Sweet Corn Pizza
- Add the flour and yeast to the dough mixer bowl, season with salt and mix shortly using a spatula.
- Start the dough mixer and gradually add the warm water. Mix until you have a dough.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over low heat and add the garlic. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or so.
- When it sizzles add the canned tomatoes and stir them in.
- Add the tomato puree and do the same.
- Keep adding the dried oregano, dried basil, and onion flakes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the balsamic vinegar. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Dust the work surface with flour and flatten the pizza dough using the rolling pin. Make an outer rim by folding the edges towards the inside a little and pressing with the tip of your finger.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the pizza crust on it. Spread the tomato mixture over it, then top with onion, red onion, sweet corn, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and slices of mozzarella. Garnish with a few baby spinach leaves.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 440⁰F/220⁰C.