Ingredients Needed for Tomato and Cream Cheese Soup
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup canned tomatoes
2 cups of chicken stock
3.5 ounces of cream cheese
4 basil leaves
2 breads slices
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Make Tomato and Cream Cheese Soup
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook it until softens.
- Add the garlic, then add the canned tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Give it a good stir and pour the chicken stock.
- Bring it to a boil, cover it with a lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the basil and the cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is absorbed.
- Cover it with a lid and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Pour the mixture in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Now for the bread, heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Spray some olive oil on it.
- Add 2 slices of bread and toast them until golden on their first side. Flip them over.
- Add the Cheddar on one of the slices and, after a few seconds, top it with the other slice. Press and keep it on heat until the cheese melts.
- Slice them into small cubes and serve them with the soup.