Ingredients Needed for Three-Cheese Fried Zucchini
¼ cup ricotta
½ cup parmesan, grated
¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
1 basil leaves
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons of milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
How to Cook Three-Cheese Fried Zucchini
- Add the cheese in a bowl.
- Finely chop the basil leaves and add them in the same bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix everything with a fork.
- Slice the zucchini.
- Make small “sandwiches” with 2 slices of zucchini and 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture.
- You’ll make about 10 small “sandwiches”.
- Make an egg wash by whisking the egg with the milk.
- Coat each zucchini “sandwich” with flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the zucchini “sandwiches” on both sides, until golden.
- Serve with a dip!