1 cinnamon stick, crumbled
1 star anise
1 tablespoon peppercorns
1 red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
4 garlic cloves
2 chili peppers, sliced
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce
0.5 cup fresh coriander, chopped
1 cup of coconut milk
12 ounces of sea bass, gutted
- Add the cinnamon, star anise, and peppercorns to a grinding mortar and crush them.
- Transfer the mixture to the blender. Add the red onion, ginger, garlic cloves, and chili peppers. Blend.
- Transfer to a bowl and season with lime zest. Add the lime juice, fish sauce, coriander, and coconut milk. Mix.
- Heat the grill pan over medium-high heat and add the fish. Cook for 4 minutes on both sides, or until grill marks appear.
- Season with salt and transfer the fish to a baking dish.
- Pour the spicy sauce on top, then bake for 20 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.