Ingredients Needed for Thai Chicken With Cashew and Peanuts
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon ginger root, shredded
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
8 ounces of chicken breast, cut into medium cubes
1 yellow bell pepper, chunks
1 green bell pepper, chunks
3 garlic cloves
½ cup white wine
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 handful of cashew
1 handful of peanut
How to Cook Thai Chicken With Cashew and Peanuts
- Add the brown sugar in a small bowl, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, the rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Grate the ginger root. Whisk everything and set aside the sauce mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the chicken cubes until they turn opaque white.
- Add the bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Crush the garlic and add it to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the white wine and, when it starts simmering, add the sauce mixture. Stir and cook further.
- Combine the cornstarch with the remaining soy sauce and then pour this mixture into the skillet.
- Throw in the cashew and the peanuts. Stir.
- If the sauce is too thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Cover the skillet and let it simmer for 10 minutes to reduce the sauce.