Taco seasoning mix is easy to make at home if you have the right spices. Also, you can eat ‘avocado tacos’, which are gluten-free and dairy-free, if you replace the taco shells with avocado halves.
Ingredients Needed for Taco-Stuffed Avocado
½ teaspoon chili flakes
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 pound ground beef
4 avocados, halved
4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
How to Make Taco-Stuffed Avocado
- Combine in a small bowl the spices: chili flakes, sea salt, cumin, pepper, dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the onion. Cook until soft and translucent. Add the ground beef, stir and cook further until the meat goes light-brown.
- Add the spices, stir and cook for a few more minutes, until the ground beef is cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 300⁰F/150⁰C.
- Stuff the avocado halves with the beef mixture, then decorate with cherry tomato slices and red bell pepper. Place the stuffed avocados into a baking tray and move to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle spring onion on top before serving.