Ingredients Needed for T-Bone Steak With Mushrooms and Asparagus
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 ounce butter
1 red onion, julienne
3.5 ounces of mushroom, cut into quarters
3 asparaguses sticks
3 garlic cloves
½ cup tomato sauce
5 basil leaves, chopped
¼ leek, thin sliced
How to Cook T-Bone Steak With Mushrooms and Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in an cast iron skillet.
- Lay the T-bone in the skillet and season it with salt and pepper.
- Fry the T-bone for about 5 minutes on the first side, then turn it over.
- Put the butter on the T-bone, then transfer the cast iron skillet in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the red onion and the mushrooms.
- Break the asparagus sticks and throw them in the skillet. Mix.
- Place the garlic clove on a cutting board, then place the flat side of a broad knife over it. Use your hand to press the flat side of the knife against the clove, to crush it. Don’t peel the garlic!
- Throw the garlic cloves into the skillet and mix them with vegetables.
- Add the tomato sauce, season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- If needed more liquid to cook the vegetables, add some water (1/4 cup/65 ml).
- Throw in the chopped basil.
- Add the leek slices and cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Serve the steak with this vegetable side.