Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato Pecan Tart
3 sweet potatoes, diced
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 ounce butter, melted
1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 ounce pecan nut
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
7 ounces of tart crust
How to Make Sweet Potato Pecan Tart
- Add the diced sweet potatoes in a baking tray and drizzle them a bit with olive oil.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 40 minutes at 370 degrees F/185 degrees C.
- Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar, half of the melted butter, corn syrup, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Add the pecan nuts and mix.
- Add 1 tablespoon of heavy cream over the roasted sweet potatoes and blend them until smooth.
- Add the eggs in a large bowl. Add the remaining brown sugar and sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining melted butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix and add the sweet potato mash.
- Again, start mixing until you obtain a homogenous mixture.
- Dust your working space with flour and level the crust with a rolling pin.
- Add the crust in a loaf tin, fully covering the bottom and sides.
- Add the sweet potato mixture inside the tray and top it with the pecans.
- Slide the tin into the oven for the next 25 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.