Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato Fingers With Mushrooms and Peas
1 large sweet potato
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup flour
4 garlic cloves, crushed
10 ounces of mushrooms, quartered
8 ounces of peas
How to Make Sweet Potato Fingers With Mushrooms and Peas
- Add the sweet potato to a baking tray and poke holes in it using a fork. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake for 30 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Cut the baked potato lengthwise in half, scoop out the pulp and transfer it to a bowl. Mash it.
- Season with salt and add the flour. Mix until even.
- Dust the work surface with flour and knead until you have a dough. Cut the dough lump in half and put one half in the refrigerator for later use.
- Cut the other dough half into 4 equal pieces. Take one and roll it until you get an approximately 1 to 1.5-inch thick dough roll. Cut it into 13-15 smaller pieces. Do the same with the remaining 3 pieces of dough. We’ve ended up with 60 pieces in total.
- Shape the little pieces of dough into 2 to 2.5-inch fingers.
- Fill a cooking pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Transfer the dough fingers to it and boil for 15 minutes. You may want to do this in 2 batches. Transfer them to a plate.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add the crushed garlic and season with 8-10 sage leaves. Cook and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and peas. Stir them in for 1 minute or so. Add the boiled dough fingers.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.