Sweet Potato Egg White Scramble
Wouldn’t you like to stop worrying about your cholesterol levels? We made this egg white scramble, with roasted sweet potato and fresh avocado. It works great as a breakfast, but you can also have it as a main dish, for lunch.
Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato Egg White Scramble
1 sweet potato, cubed
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion, diced
½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
5 egg whites
1 teaspoon garlic powder
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 avocado, cubed
2 spring onions, sliced
How to Make Sweet Potato Egg White Scramble
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F/200˚C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potato cubes on your baking tray and drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil on them. Season with salt and then move the tray to the oven. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil to a skillet on medium heat and cook the onion until softens. Add the yellow bell pepper and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the egg whites, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. Stir and cook on low heat, to make scrambled egg whites.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and roasted sweet potato cubes. Stir. Set aside.
- Serve on 2 plates, with avocado and spring onion on top.