Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato, Black Rice and Goji Salad
2 tablespoons of goji berries
½ cup black rice
½ cup seed mix
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 large sweet potato
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon nutmeg
How to Cook Sweet Potato, Black Rice and Goji Salad
- Add water in a small bowl. Add the goji berries and let them soak for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a saucepan over medium heat and fill it halfway with water. Add the black rice and cook it according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the seed mix. Season them with salt, pepper, and drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Toast them for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, line a baking tray with parchment paper. Lay the sweet potato and pour a small drizzle of vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C. Slide the sweet potato for the next 25 minutes.
- Add the roasted sweet potato in a large bowl. Add the vegetable oil and wine vinegar. Season with nutmeg and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rice, seeds, and goji. Add the basil, roasted sweet potato, and mix.