Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato and Apple Mash
2 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, chopped
1 apple, diced
1 teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
How to Cook Sweet Potato and Apple Mash
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and fill about half of it with water. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the diced sweet potato and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Separately, heat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and melt it. Add the chopped onion and apple. Pour the apple cider vinegar. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Cook it until the liquid reduces.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a tall glass container. Add the apple mix. Set up your immersion blender and blend everything into a smooth mash.