Calories: 429 kCal / serving
- 25 g
- 3 g
- 38 g
Ingredients Needed for Sweet Corn Chowder
2 ounces of butter
1 ½ cups of sweet corn , canned
1 garlic clove
1 chili pepper
⅓ cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
⅓ cup heavy cream
How to Make Sweet Corn Chowder
- Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the sweet corn and cook it in butter.
- Slice the garlic and the chili, then add them to the skillet.
- Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes, then remove the garlic slices.
- Squeeze the lime and add the juice to the dish.
- Add the water and simmer until the water evaporates, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked sweet corn in a medium pan and drizzle olive oil on it.
- Sprinkle salt by taste and add heavy cream.
- Use a vertical mixer and blend the sweet corn to a coarse texture. If you prefer the corn chowder smoother, you can blend it a bit more.
- Divide in 2 deep plates.
- Grate some orange zest on top and garnish with fresh mint, if you like.