Ingredients Needed for Sweet and Sour Beef Tenderloin
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
7 ounces of beef tenderloin
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons of water
½ teaspoon cornstarch
1 spring onion
How to Cook Sweet and Sour Beef Tenderloin
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a cast-iron skillet. Add the beef tenderloin and cook 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove beef from the stove and keep it covered to remain warm.
- Wash the skillet and heat it again, using medium-heat. Add one teaspoon of oil and onion and cook it, until it turns translucent.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and chili and stir well. Let this sauce cook for 2-3 minutes, on low-heat.
- Meantime, mix water with cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add the cooked beef and the cornstarch mixture in the pan. Stir and cook one more minute.
- Add the spring onion.
- Serve beef with rice if you feel the need for a side.